You & Me


My aunt observed a t-shirt I was wearing from pictures I had on during my yoga photo shoot. The t-shirt is white and says “You&Me.” She told me she liked it and wanted one. I said, “sure, no problem.”

Every time a picture of me was posted on Facebook wearing the You&Me t-shirt, she would remind me that she was still waiting for her t-shirt to arrive. I admit, I procrastinated and didn’t go look to see if the store I purchased the shirt from still had any in stock. A month or so passed.

Still pictures of me in the You&Me t-shirt doing various yoga poses are continually being circulated through my social media feeds. My aunt inquires even more about the t-shirt. I say, “Okay, I will go look for the t-shirt. If I don’t find it, I will send you mine.”

Of course, the t-shirt was no longer to be found. I am a woman of my word and sincerely work to honor all commitments. But I liked my t-shirt! I really wasn’t ready to part with it just yet! I just got it!

It was a great statement when teaching my yoga classes, You&Me.

I packed up the t-shirt and mailed it off. Bye, bye t-shirt! It was fun while it lasted!

You&Me have a responsibility to one another.  I recognize that we are the same - Namaste. That’s what the shirt represented to me.

My aunt made me hold true to the very personal meaning of this t-shirt to me.  As she has, does and will do anything for me and the rest of our family. She married a man that understood that and brought the same quality to our family.

You & Me, my aunt and I are a lot alike. We are both Aries. We have both experienced Ulcerative Colitis. And we both love to have fun with our family & friends, valuing them very.  I guess it was fitting for her to have the t-shirt, the representation of You&Me.

Would you give someone the shirt off your back, out your closet or from your drawer to take care of them? Or even simply to make them happy because it isn’t always a need. Can you give away something that you want to keep?

Liv your truth!

No comments: